Breaking News
Home » Collier Edition » Why the Helico Does My Stomach Hurt?

Why the Helico Does My Stomach Hurt?

By Toni Eatros, MS, Dipl Ac, AP

Why the Helico Does My Stomach Hurt?Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a spiral-shaped bacterium that is found mostly in the mucous membrane layer of the stomach.

More than 90% of duodenal ulcers and up to 80% of stomach (gastric) ulcers are caused by H. pylori.  Infected people have a 2-6 fold increased risk of developing stomach cancer and mucosal-associated-lymphoid-type (MALT) lymphoma compared with uninfected individuals.

H. pylori causes damage to the stomach lining and reduces stomach acid production.  This results in a reduced ability to digest your food properly and can lead to nutritional deficiencies over time.

This bacterium most often enters the body through uncooked foods.  One study documented that ⅓ of cases were infected through the saliva exchanged  during kissing.  The bacterium is also found in mouth, the vagina and the prostate fluids.  Therefore, H. pylori can be transferred through sexual contact.

Approximately ⅔ of the world’s population is infected with H. pylori.  The likelihood of infection is equal to a person’s age, whether symptoms are experienced or not.

This means there is a 20% chance that a 20 year old has H. pylori and there is a 80% chance that an 80 year old has been infected.

Common H. Pylori Symptoms:
• Fatigue, Possibly Severe Fatigue
• Heartburn/Reflux
• Upper Abdominal Pain
• Belching
• Constipation
• Nausea
• Upper Abdominal Pain
• Inflammation of the Stomach (Gastritis)
• Indigestion
• Stomach and Duodenal Ulcers
• Ongoing Need for Digestive Enzymes

This GI System Parasitology test uses advanced staining and antigen techniques to recover pathogens and detect non-pathogenic organisms without the confusing results seen in less time-proven methods. This panel is popular because it is the most comprehensive initial screen.  It is also convenient because it is a test you can complete in the comfort of your own home.

The GI Screen tests for the presence of:
• Helicobacter pylori
• Yeast
• Cryptosporidium parvum
• Giardia lamblia
• Ova & parasites
• Citrobacter spp
• Enterobacter spp

If H. Pylori is found to be present in your digestive tract, a multifaceted, natural treatment plan is implemented to eradicate the bacterium.  The treatment plan consists of three steps and usually takes 2-6 months to complete.

Step 1 (Month 1 and 2):
Anti-inflammatory and Healing Phase
Step 2 (Month 3 and 4):
Cleansing and Detoxifying Phase
Step 3 (Month 5 and 6):
Repair and Recolonization

In step one, we address food allergies and use healthy nutrition to heal the digestive tract.  In step two, we eliminate the h. pylori and simultaneously support liver detoxification.  In step three, we repair the leaky gut and recolonize the healthy bacteria.

Digestive tract infections and dysbiosis must be evaluated to determine your foundational health status.  Acupuncture & Natural Health Solutions can assist you in obtaining the home lab kit that will be used to screen for possible infection.   If the test comes back positive, we will develop a customized, natural treatment plan to help you rid your body of infection.  Everyone with any of the GI tract infections listed above should eliminate them, especially H. pylori.

For more information about H. pylori testing,
please visit https://acupuncturesolutionsonline.com/
functional-medicine/ or call 239-260-4566.   It is a completely reasonable goal to be infection free, and we can assist you in achieving that goal.

 

 

 

 

Check Also

Maintaining Good Gut Health for the Holidays

Maintaining Good Gut Health for the Holidays

The holiday season is upon us which means lots of traditions, celebrations, office parties and …