By John Ward, RPh and Holly Lose –
With natural aging comes the natural diminishment of our own body’s production of hormones the general health we took for granted starts to diminish as well. Causing symptoms such as hot flashes, forgetfulness, anxiety, sleep disruption, low libido, just to name a few. While our bodies decrease the amount of hormones made as we age, the need for “replacement” hormones presents itself. Maintaining this balance is the goal of any type of hormone replacement therapy (HRT). The hormones a woman produces until she reaches menopause protect her heart and bones. Once she is no longer producing these hormones, she is at a greater risk of developing heart disease and osteoporosis. The risks continue to worsen the longer she is without these essential hormones.
Hormone replacement therapy is available only from a compounding pharmacy, and only with a valid prescription from a doctor. Pharmacy compounding is the art and science of preparing customized medications for patients. Its practice dates back to the origins of pharmacy. The goal of a compounding pharmacy is obtaining the best results for the patient by working closely with the doctor, pharmacist, and the patient. By working amongst all three, the compounding pharmacy can tailor-make the prescription to fit each individual patient. The dosage strength and dosage form can be customized to a patient’s specific needs. HRT can be compounded in capsules, topical creams, gels, oral liquids, and other dosage forms. Various hormones can be added per the request of the doctor and patient; such as testosterone if deemed necessary by the doctor and patient for libido problems. Hormone replacement is not available commercially, only through a compounding pharmacy.
Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
- Identical in structure to hormones the human body produces
- Provide protective benefits that were originally provided by the body’s naturally occurring hormones
- Helps in the prevention of osteoporosis and restoration of bone strength
- Protection against heart disease and stroke . Muscle mass and strength are better maintained
- Improvement in cholesterol levels
- Risk of depression is reduced
- Reduced risk of breast and endometrial cancer
- Improved sleep
- Mood, concentration, and memory become better
- Dosage is adjustable and individualized for the patient’s needs and goals
- Multiple hormones can be combined in one dosage form
- Several dosage forms available; capsules, topical and vaginal creams, gels, oral liquids, lozenges, troches, and more
The hormones used by the pharmacists at John’s Pharmacy for HRT compounds are identical to the ones your body produces, not the ones from a horse.
Are you tired of being told that your prescription will take all day to prepare or even all week? It won’t happen at John’s Pharmacy. We know you are busy and you or your loved one just want to go home. We can fill your prescription fast and accurately and feature a drive-thru window in addition to mail order service and local delivery. We also offer homeopathic products, orthotic supports and braces, a wide selection of cards and gift, and much more.
Come in and meet John and Michaela.
Let us be your pharmacy.