If you’ve ever had food poisoning, you know that there is not much worse of a feeling than those 24 to 48 hours after you’ve consumed something spoiled. This can lead to dehydration and lethargy. Many people frequently struggle with digestive issues. Any digestive disorder can severely disrupt the gut and ultimately the body and overall health if left untreated.
It’s not uncommon to experience occasional diarrhea or constipation, but what if your symptoms were lingering, or relatively regular occurrences? Over 20% of the population has IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), but that’s not accounting for the nearly 45 million Americans that silently suffer from the symptoms of IBS.
There are two different types of this syndrome, IBS-D, and IBS-M. IBS-D is recurrent or chronic diarrhea, and IBS-M is a combination of episodic diarrhea or constipation. Both of these types of the disorder are often not diagnosed until 5-10 years after a patient’s initial experience.
IBS Symptoms (can be mild to severe):
• Changes in bowel habits
3 million Americans that silently suffer from the symptoms of Crohn’s disease.
Crohn’s Disease Symptoms (can be mild to severe):
• Changes in bowel habits
• Persistent Diarrhea
• Rectal bleeding
• Urgent need to move bowels
• Abdominal cramps and pain
• Sensations of needing to relieve bowels further after a BM
Getting an accurate diagnosis is critical to getting the right treatment for your specific digestive disorder.
Bonita Care Health Center is a comprehensive diagnostic, treatment, rehabilitation and surgical center specifically designed with our patients’ care and comfort in mind. Equipped with the latest technology, our state-of-the-art facility provides a wide spectrum of health services and programs.
In addition to a walk-in clinic, Physician Referral and Patient Education areas, the Bonita Community Health Center offers a virtual one-stop center that caters to all facets of health care. BCHC also offers on-site services including an on-site pharmacy, in-house Lab and wound healing center.
BCHC’s Urgent Care Benefits
• Serving the Community for 19 years
• Urgent Care
• Open 7 days a week
• M-F 7am to 7pm, Sat-Sun 8am to 4pm
• SmartLine Online Check-in “Wait Your Way”
• BCHC has been using the SmartLine for three years now and their waiting room during season has gone from standing room only, to having 4 to 7 patients standing by for a physicians.
• 60% of ER visits would be better served in an Urgent Care
• Urgent care is for non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries.
• BCHC Urgent Care can cost up to 10X less than the ER.
• We are the lower cost alternative to visiting the ER.
• Onsite full imaging center
To find out more or to schedule an appointment, please call 239-949-1050, or visit bonitahealthcenter.com