Bayfront Health Port Charlotte’s Emergency Care Center distinguishes itself by its dedicated staffing and facility. Its medical doctors are uniquely qualified in that they are all residency-trained in emergency medicine and board-certified in emergency medicine. Every patient will be directly cared for by one of these physician specialists, whose combined experience exceeds 200 years. These doctors have had the privilege of caring for Charlotte County residents and guests for over 30 years while raising their own families nearby. Equally important are the experienced and talented ER nurses, technicians and administrative personnel. Together, they form a superb team of emergency care professionals.
The team’s vast and diverse experience allows them to provide truly full-service care. Indeed, Bayfront Health Port Charlotte’s local ER can handle neonates/pediatrics, obstetrics/gynecology, strokes, cardiac emergencies, orthopedics as well as other types of high-acuity cases.
THE FIRST RESPONDER AND EMERGENCY
CARE CONNECTION AT BAYFRONT HEALTH
Much of the success of Bayfront Health’s patients is credited to the outstanding EMS agencies that stabilize and transport the patients to Bayfront’s facility. These EMTs and paramedics use cutting-edge skills and sincere compassion with every patient encounter. They utilize a system of specialized alerts to notify the ER to mobilize unique resources ahead of their arrival.
For instance, a STEMI (ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction) Alert is activated when the paramedics identify a patient having a heart attack. This protocol transmits the prehospital EKG to the ER staff so the interventional cardiologist and cardiac catheterization lab team can be assembled immediately in order to provide immediate, life-saving care to these critical patients.
Similarly, stroke alert patients receive expedited care by Bayfront Health’s comprehensive stroke center team and its interventional neuro-radiologist to unclog cerebral arteries quickly to reverse stroke symptoms.
Sepsis Alerts notify Bayfront’s ER staff of the impending arrival of patients who are believed to be suffering from serious infections. These patients require rapid infusion of IV fluids and potent antibiotics to ensure optimal outcomes.
Bayfront Health Port Charlotte has been recognized by a variety of accrediting bodies and organizations for their quality and safety:
• The Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center
• The Agency for Health Care Administration Comprehensive Stroke Center
• Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
• American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Silver Plus
• Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center+ Maternity Care (1 of 22 in state)
• Florida Breastfeeding Coalition Florida Quest for Quality Maternity Care Award
• The Agency for Health Care Administration Healthy People 2020 Goal of C-Section Ratesat or below 23.9 % in 2017 (1 of 20 in state)
• The Joint Commission Perinatal Care Certification (1 of 4 in state)
• The Joint Commission Mammography Accreditation
• Surgical Review Corporation Center of Excellence in Colorectal Surgery (1st in the state)
• Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders (NICHE) Designation
2500 Harbor Blvd – Emergency Dept
Port Charlotte , FL 33952
Phone: (941) 766-4255
Fax: (941) 766-4263
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.