Most people want to continue living independently in their own homes long into their retirement years. Remaining self sufficient in familiar surroundings is important to many seniors. Unfortunately, certain situations — a sudden illness, a chronic condition, and the very fact of aging — affect a person’s ability to care for themselves and effectively manage their daily living. These situations oftentimes create health and safety concerns for family members and loved ones. Since most people prefer to be cared for in their own home rather than be placed in a nursing home or other facility, family members often become the primary caregivers, taking on all the responsibilities that go with keeping up the quality of their loved one’s lives. However, when caring for themselves becomes progressively too difficult, or when the responsibilities of caregivers become overwhelming, it is time to consider professional home health care.
Being able to receive health care at home has numerous advantages for everyone involved. You or your loved one can remain in a familiar, comfortable environment, enabling energy and resources to be focused on proper care. Receiving the full attention of caregivers who are solely concerned with particular health needs ensures proper care is given. Home health care is often less expensive than care in nursing homes or other health care facilities.
Every day, more and more families turn to health care services that are provided in the comfort and safety of home. Not only is it the most satisfying form of senior care available, but it can also be significantly more affordable than other forms of care like nursing homes or assisted living communities.
There many reasons for the growing demand of home health care services including:
– Delivered at home. There are such positive feelings that all of us associate with being at home. When we are not feeling well, most of us ask to go home. When we are feeling well, we enjoy the sanctity of our home and the joy of being with loved ones.
– Personalized care. Home care is tailored to the needs of each individual. It is delivered on a one-to-
– Independence and Freedom. None of us want to be totally dependent and helpless. With some assistance, seniors can continue to function as viable members of
– Provided by knowledgeable, special, caring people. By and large, employees of home care agencies look at their work, not as a job or profession, but as a calling. Home care workers are highly trained and dedicated to the care recipients.
– Affordable. The evidence is convincing that, for many services, home care is less expensive than other forms of care, including nursing homes and assisted living communities. In general, home care costs only one-tenth as much as hospitalization and only one-
fourth as much as nursing home placement to deal with comparable health problems.
– Extends life. A study by the U.S. General Accounting Office has established that people receiving home care tend to live longer and have a better quality of life than those receiving care in institutions. Not only do home care services add years to life, but life to years.
Home health care services has become the preferred form of care, even for those individuals battling a terminal illness. Society is becoming increasingly more accepting of home health care, which has in turn increased the demand for such services over the past few years. If you or a loved one is in need of health care services it may be in your best interest to learn more about the advantages of home health care.
About Right at Home
Founded in 1995, Right at Home offers in-home companionship and personal care and assistance to seniors and disabled adults who want to continue to live independently. Local Right at Home offices are independently owned and operated and directly employ and supervise all caregiving staff, each of whom is thoroughly screened, trained, and bonded/insured prior to entering a client’s home. Right at Home’s global office is based in Omaha, Nebraska, with franchise offices located in 45 states nationwide and throughout the world.
The Right at Home of SWFL office of Right at Home is a locally owned and operated franchise office of Right at Home, Inc., serving the communities of Collier and Lee counties. For more information, contact Right at Home of SWFL at 239-949-1070 or by email at DanielleM@rightathomeofswfla.com
Right at Home Southwest Florida
If you have any questions concerning home health services, ask the expert Danielle Dyer, Owner of your local Right at Home agency.
We will come to you!