The surge in the aging population is challenging the technology industry to provide inventive solutions. Advancements in technology are enhancing the lives of older adults and their caregivers.
Here are a few innovative technologies transforming life as we age.
1. WiseWear offers a new option in the competitive wearable trackers market. The smart jewelry tracks your heart rate, calories and sleep patterns like most popular fitness devices. The difference is the safety feature. The user taps the bracelet 3 times to create a distress signal that is sent to the emergency contacts linked to the device. Your exact GPS location is transmitted. Connected to a smartphone, it also provides notification features for incoming calls and important alerts, such as medication reminders. The sleek aesthetic design is replacing traditional plastic button panic devices.
2. According to the Department of Health & Human Services, nearly half of adults 75 and older have hearing loss. Hearing aid technology has advanced significantly in the last 20 years. ReSound offers an aid that enables users to control their hearing via an iPhone app. These hearing aids connect with an iPhone, an iPad, or an Apple Watch via Bluetooth. Users can adjust volume, treble, and bass, and create specific settings for various indoor and outdoor environments.
3. Silver Mother Sensors incorporate into the everyday lives of seniors, continuously monitoring their safety and health. The small devices attach to household items like pill dispensers, refrigerators and doors. The sensors continuously monitor daily activity, detecting movement of medications and sends a notification when you forget to take your meds. Family members can access an app that tracks their loved one’s daily activities and detects any changes in behaviors. Alerts are sent if there is cause for concern or change in activity.
4. We all know how confusing large parking lots can be. The Park ‘N’ Forget app helps you find your car with ease. Park ‘N’ Forget helps you locate your car among hundreds of other vehicles and even monitors the amount of time spent in metered parking. When leaving your car, simply choose the color or number associated with the deck level and the app pinpoints your car location.
5. Voice assistants are seeing a surge in popularity with the launch of Amazon Echo and Google Home. Billed as a simple speaker, these devices boast thousands of skills that connect to your smart phone and home. They act as a virtual assistant connected to a smart speaker. Through sophisticated voice recognition, you now have a home companion that can do infinite tasks for you. For the senior population, these devices can assist with medication reminders, alert you to upcoming doctor’s appointments and act as a home assistant for cooking and other tasks.
6. Reminder Rosie is a voice assistant designed specifically for the senior population. It has the appearance of an alarm clock with a large digital screen. But unlike the devices previously mentioned, Reminder Rosie records all the things a loved one needs to remember in the voice of a family member or caregiver. It sets dates and times for reminders and the alerts are provided by a recognizable voice of a loved one. The user can also ask Rosie questions about important times and dates and the pre-recorded messages will answer.
7. Rendever offers the latest in virtual reality technology. Designed specifically for seniors, Rendever is providing new opportunities for older adults to experience parts of the world they are missing. The wearable device allows the user to reconnect to places they used to call home. Users also visit famous landmarks or beautiful countries they dreamed of traveling to in person. Revisit the location of your wedding or walk the streets of Paris. The innovative technology helps seniors avoid isolation and re-engages them with new environments.
Discover the Arietta Lifestyle
Life is a musical journey. Arietta offers independent living in Sarasota, FL for adults who are ready for their next adventure in life. Much like notes on a page that guide music, Arietta (meaning melody) guides you through a life of purpose and passion. Spacious layouts and modern amenities welcome you home to a lifestyle designed your way. Focus on your best life without worry.
Call 941-479-3525 or visit www.ariettaliving.com